Since Christmas fell on a Friday this year, I wanted this week’s Friday Five to be my five favorite things about the Christmas season!
Here they are, in no particular order…
- Being home — They’re not lying when they say there’s no place like home for the holidays. As a senior in college, I’ve definitely developed a greater appreciation for my home and my family throughout these past four years. The only thing that got me through finals week was knowing that I would be home free after my last one, even if it’s just for a few weeks!
- Christmas music — This one doesn’t need much of an explanation, but Christmas music is simply the best way to get in the holiday spirit! My favorite is Michael Bublé’s Christmas album.
- Giving gifts — While receiving gifts is certainly nice, giving gifts is also fun! Even though shopping around the holidays is even more stressful than normal, you have to admit it’s fun to search for the perfect gift for a loved one. Seeing the faces of my friends and family as they open their gifts is priceless.
- Christmas cookies — One of my favorite holiday traditions is making Christmas cookies with my family. It’s so much fun to blast Christmas music while making all different kinds of treats (and of course eating them!)
- Receiving Christmas cards — My family definitely thinks I’m crazy, but the few days before and after Christmas, I always go to the mailbox eagerly to see who we get Christmas cards from. It’s so nice to see who was thinking of us during the holiday season, and I especially love when pictures are included!
Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!