It seems as if it’s been forever since I’ve blogged. It was a very busy and hectic end of the school year but I’ve been home for a few weeks now and I’m ready to blog this summer! Get ready for some great posts! Today I wanted to share with you a little part about my life and maybe some advice that will help you! I recently finished my sophomore year of college and I could honestly say it has been one of my favorite and most memorable years so far. I’ve made so many new friends and tried so many new things, but it definitely took some effort. Here’s a sort-of “review” of my sophomore year and some advice for you guys!
1) Branch out. This is one of my most important pieces of advice. College is a time to explore and try new things, so that also means it’s time to make new friends. Yes, it’s perfectly fine to have one core group of friends, but it’s so important to meet new people, too. This year I stepped out of my comfort zone and branched out. As a result, I’ve met some great people!
2) Get involved! During my freshman year I was only a part of one club and I wasn’t so happy. Throughout my sophomore year, I joined four more clubs and could not be happier! I’ve loved becoming a part of organizations on campus, making new friends, and gaining valuable experience. Joining other clubs definitely helped me to explore career opportunities and helped me discover what I want to do when I graduate. It is so important to get involved, try something new, and find out where you fit in.
3) Don’t let life pass you by. Take action! I’ve learned this year that not everything is going to be handed to you. You can’t just wait around for something and let life pass you by! “It will happen when the time is right,” is partially true, but that doesn’t mean you can just sit around in your dorm and expect something to come to you. You need to take action, create possibilities, and that is when things will happen!
4) Don’t be afraid of change. Boy, have I changed a lot since my freshman year. Though it may sound scary at first, change can be good! College is definitely a time for change – change in your interests, friends, style, etc. and it’s very exciting if you let it be!
5) Everything happens for a reason. This is a quote that I seriously live by and it has gotten me through SO much this past year. It’s something I always keep in the back of my mind. When something doesn’t go my way, I try to remain positive and keep moving forward onto better things!
I hope this advice is helpful!
Have a lovely day!